DATE PREPARED/REVISED: May 4, 2022
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Administration
PURPOSE: To provide a safe and secure environment in which members, attendees, and visitors may worship free from undue fear or concern based on real or perceived internal and external threats. Those concerns may be related to physical security, criminal events, weather emergencies, natural disasters, or medical concerns.
- Team Leader
- Volunteers with weekly rotation during regularly scheduled services
- Select previously-identified Church Members, i.e., professional medical personnel, who may not be active in the ministry per se, but have agreed to be called upon should the need arise
TERM OF SERVICE:
- Volunteers may apply and be selected on an ongoing basis. As long as the Volunteer remains committed to the ministry and is in good standing, there is no term limit.
- All Team Members must be active members of Hillcrest for at least 6 months
- Participation in the team supported by current team members in good standing
- Service subject to a criminal history check performed in accordance with Church standards
- Provide security presence during regularly scheduled services
- Support special events and activities by providing security and life safety assistance
- Assist in security training of staff members, teachers, and other Church volunteers
- Provide for safety and security of minors
- Physical security and property protection
- Initial emergency response to fire, medical, natural disaster, and criminal threat
- Assist professional responders, i.e., Police, Fire, EMS during their arrival and as requested
- Attend annual training
SCRIPTURE: (Matthew 10:6) Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.